Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Staff Assist operates a recruitment business to identify and place candidates into temporary labour hire placements and full-time employment. The collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information is necessary for Staff Assist to function and provide services to candidates and clients as well as to take care of our employees’ interests.
Your Personal Information
Collecting your personal information
Staff Assist collects personal information, including but not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address and contact details. We may also collect and store other information including but not limited to, images, details of jobs you are interested in, your search history as well as information from your resume or application form including current and previous employers, details of your skills, work experience, education, salary expectations and qualifications. We also store other pertinent details relating to our dealings with you, including, but not limited to records of interviews, opportunities we have put you forward for, references, trade tests, other information you have provided to us and copies of correspondence.
We may also collect further information in relation to any temporary labour hire placement or employment role, including start and end dates, absences, remuneration, visa requirements, health and safety information, bank account details, IRD numbers, date of birth and drug and alcohol screening and criminal background check results.
We collect the above information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you visit us personally, through your use of our website, via phone or email, via your resume or through any application form or other information you submit to us;
- from other parties (such as your representatives or referees, credit reporting agencies, Ministry of Justice, social media sites and from any employers or clients you work for); and
- publicly available sources.
Using your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- identify, employ or engage with you;
- assist us in finding the most suitable temporary labour hire placements or employment opportunities for you and to connect you with potential employers and clients;
- conduct various pre-employment checks, such as drug and alcohol screening and criminal background checks, including where we or any potential employer or client so requires as part of our respective business requirements. All such background checks shall be subject to your further approval.
- manage and comply with our obligations to clients in relation to any temporary labour hire placement or employment role you carry out;
- comply with our legal obligations as an employer (where relevant);
- maintain and enhance the user experience of our website and our services in order to deliver better services to you;
- help us maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure (which includes identifying training needs);
- conduct market research surveys: unless you have opted out of receiving Staff Assist surveys or email updates – we will contact you by email to invite you to participate;
- tell you about our new career opportunities, services and industry news: for example, once you set up an account with us, unless you opt-out, you will automatically receive email marketing communications and we may email you to let you know about new content you may be interested in; and
- customise our marketing and advertising.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to actual or potential employers or clients in connection with the above purposes.
We may also disclose your personal information to trusted third party organisations to perform services on our behalf in connection with the above purposes. These third party organisations will have access to your personal information in order to perform these services, but we will not authorise them to use your information for other purposes.
Third-party organisations to whom we may disclose your personal information (in connection with the above purposes) include:
- data processors to maintain our business operations, including for example if relevant data collected by us is hosted in the cloud;
- marketing and advertising agencies including web analytics agencies to gauge and improve the performance of our website;
- credit providers (for credit-related purposes);
- drug and alcohol screening agencies and the Ministry of Justice for criminal background checks;
- our related companies, professional advisers and to government and regulatory authorities as required by law; and
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. Where we sell survey results to third parties, these survey results do not contain any personally identifiable or personal information.
Comments and community contributions
If you submit a comment or a review in any of our community areas (such as our online message board or on any of our social media sites) your first name and last name initial, e.g. Mary B, or your display name (if you have set one), is displayed with your comment. You can set up or change your display name on any online message board in your Staff Assist profile at any time as well as update or delete any comment made by you at any time. We strongly advise that you do not post your email address, home address, phone number or other personal information as part of your community contributions. You must at all times be courteous in all communications in our community areas and not post any statements or material which in any way infringes or violates the rights of others or which is offensive, illegal, defamatory, threatening, invasive of privacy, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable (“Offensive Content“). We are not responsible for any failure to monitor, review, edit or delete any content submitted to these areas. You agree that all community content provided by you is deemed to be provided on a non-confidential basis and that we have the right (but not the obligation) to remove or otherwise edit or delete any content that we deem in our sole discretion to be Offensive Content.
Security and storage of personal information
All information that you provide to us, or which we collect about you is stored on secure servers. However, the transmission of information via the internet is inherently insecure. We will take industry-standard measures to safeguard your personal information.
If your personal information is subject to unauthorised or accidental access, disclosure, alteration, loss or destruction (together, a “Privacy Breach“) we will notify you if we reasonably believe that the Privacy Breach has caused serious harm or is likely to do so.
We do not store your personal information for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes referred to above or the period required by applicable law.
Most web browsers will allow you to set some control over cookies in your browser settings. This includes deleting them from your browser or disabling them altogether. If you do choose to set your browser to disable all cookies, this may affect your ability to use some of the features on our site.
Types of cookies
Temporary cookies: We use temporary (per-session) cookies to “remember” when you logged in last. This means you do not have to enter your email address and password more than once during a visit.
If your browser is set to notify you when you receive a cookie, you will be prompted to accept the cookie. Please select “Yes”, otherwise your browser may experience some functionality loss when using our website.
Our temporary cookies will disappear when you log out of your member account.
Important: You should not use a “remember my login” feature on a browser unless you are the only person who has access to the browser. Never enable this feature on a public access computer as this could allow other people to access your personal information.
Third-party cookies and other technologies: We also use third-party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- remarketing: we use third-party cookies – such as Google Analytics cookies – to keep track of the reports you’re interested in and remarket them to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from Staff Assist when you visit other websites);
- impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign); and
You have the right to disable cookies at any time. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics, please visit this page.
You can also opt-out of being tracked by third party cookies by setting your browser to delete or block third-party cookies: simply search online for “cookies” + the name of your internet browser (for example, “Google Chrome”) for step-by-step instructions.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
You have the right to view, change and correct any personal information we hold about you at any time. We will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable unless there is a legal reason to withhold personal information.
Unless you have opted out from receiving email marketing correspondences from us including job alerts and industry news, you will automatically receive such correspondence when you set up an account with us. If you wish to unsubscribe from any email correspondence, you can do so at any time by pressing the “unsubscribe” prompt at the bottom of each email correspondence. Alternatively, you can contact Customer Services at email@example.com, and we can assist you with this.
If you have opted to submit your resume via our website, you can update or remove your resume at any time by contacting us.
We may contact you to:
- clarify details about your job application;
- respond to any enquiries you make;
- provide any information necessary for the operation and security of our site; and
- provide you with marketing communications and industry news.
Updates And Changes
Staff Assist is committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any privacy complaints.
For more information on privacy, see the Privacy Commissioner’s website.